Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Scotch in heaven?

I spent the night at the wake of a great woman who died after a long bout with cancer.

Standing around the closed casket, "Aunt" Tilda, a spry-80-or-so-year-old gave me a memory I won't soon forget.

After engraving 'Until we meet again,' on a bouquet tag, she turned to her son in law.

'You think they have scotch in heaven?'

I'd sure hope so and I'm sure she does too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They absolutely have scotch in heaven! They say you have to pay to get through the gates of heaven, and I would joke and say you probably have to show your ID as well, but we all know that unfortunately heaven is crowded with kids under the legal drinking age. Anyway, after we pay the cover charge (which I believe goes into a landscaping fund for maintenance of the clouds) we will be given a card that we can swipe in exchange for a purchase, instead of cash. That's why I say thank heaven for credit cards! And we all know that heaven is eternal happiness, so for many of us, that means suckin down a scotch, or glass of wine every now and then...So yes, to answer your question, there is scotch in heaven. I'll meet ya up there one day...and you totally owe me a drink for all that driving I used to do for your ass when your car was broken!

Tom Clancey's World said...

haha, we don't have to wait to the after life for me to buy you a drink!